In accordance with the University of Minnesota’s protocol on face coverings, effective March 21, 2022, staff members at and visitors to MCIA’s office on the campus of the UMN Twin Cities are no longer required to wear facial coverings while in office workspaces.
However, mask requirements on the UMN campus vary, depending on location, activity, and circumstances. Please be aware of the following:
Masks are still required:
- In all classroom and instructional laboratory settings
- In all healthcare settings
- In all transit settings as required by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA). When the FTA requirement is eliminated the UMN will remove this provision.
- In settings where masks are required due to environmental or hazardous material conditions
Masks are not required:
- In any dining setting (food courts, residential dining halls, etc.)
- In common areas (hallways, student unions, study spaces, libraries, recreation facilities, etc.)
- In all University office workspaces
- At all sporting events
- At all entertainment venues
- At spring commencement events
Remember that being vaccinated and boosted, testing when needed, and taking other preventative measures, such as hand washing and staying home when sick, are essential to keeping individuals and our community healthy.
MCIA continues to cooperate with the UMN as it monitors public health data and, in consultation with its experts, adjusts its guidance.
To read the full details of the University of Minnesota Face Covering Protocol click here.