The demand for your small grain seed may be slow, but do not wait to get your seed tested. The MCIA Seed Laboratory is busy, and it will take at least 7 days to get test results before issuing final reports, bulk certificates, and tags. You do not want to be waiting for a test when it is planting time.
A few other items to keep in mind:
• Update your germination. If you have carryover seed, be sure the label has a germination test date that complies with the seed law.
• Submit a Sampling Report with all samples, complete with field numbers, lot size, number of bags or totes, and tests requested.
• Be sure you received a passed seed certification report before any tags or bulk certificates are issued.
• Always tag or issue bulk certificates for the seed you distribute.
• Resolve any issues about eligibility of seed source before planting.
• Retain your tags or bulk certificate as proof of seed source for your field inspection application.